Tuesday, November 16, 2010

With A Thankful Heart:


For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Father in Heaven we thank Thee.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

With Thanksgiving a little over a week away I thought it fitting (however cliche' it may seem) to reflect on the people and things in my life that I am truly grateful for.

1. I'm thankful to have a loving Father in Heaven, who loves me dispite of all the wrong I do. Who loved me enough to die for me and give me a life of purpose in Him. For changing my life and the lives of those around me. For the constant lessons and reminders.

2. I'm thankful for my wonderful parents, who've worked hard all their lives and raised 5 kids in the best way they know how. For their love, encouragement, their words of wisdom and guidence.

3. I'm so thankful for my 4 crazy, fun siblings. For the company & comfort they've offered over the years , the advice they shared & for the entertainment they provide on a daily basis.

4. I'm thankful for Steven, for the different perspective he has on almost everything, for being a handyman. For loving me just the way I am even if I do drive him crazy.  

5.I'm Thankful for Stevens family, for giving me a 2nd family to love and enjoy time with.  Makes the thought of my family being far away more bearable.

6. I'm thankful for my church, for the children I get to teach on Sundays, for the lessons and concepts that click in my head and change my life. For all the lives that are changed there.

7. I'm thankful for my friends. for everything they are, for making life fun, interesting and easier to deal with. For their great/quirky/fun/artsy/crazy qualities. For their helping hands and listening ears.

8. I'm thankful for music, yes music. For it's abillity to move me, to sadden me, to excite me, to calm me and to inspire me.  For giving me a rhythm and beat to dance to. For allowing me to sing.

9.  I'm thankful for my health, for the time I've been given and for the time I have left, however long God gives me on this earth.

10. I'm thankful for America, for the freedoms and opprotunity it still offers. It may not be a perfect place and there may be  issues and shortcomings, but for being able to live in a country, where I can serve God w/o conflict and build a life,  home and career that's not mandated. For Soldiers who fight vailiantly to defend this land, my freedoms and theirs...For them and for America I will continue to be thankful for.

So much more I could list. For everything I have and for everyone I know. I am thankful for it all on this thanksgiving day and everyday.

What are some things you can be thankful for this thanksgiving holiday?


(Source: Google Image Search)

No comments:

Post a Comment