Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Empty Nest Syndrom: Not Just for Parents...



I blaming my little sister for the little breakdown I had yesterday. She's a very emotional girl to begin with...poor thing cries at the drop of a hat. I, on the other hand, do not. She and my little brother are spending their last week before school up in Dallas, Tx with our aunt and uncle. Leaving my parents, even for a week, brought tears to her eyes when she saw our dad watch them leave then turn to walk away. I know the look she was talking about. (darn her) Thoughts brought me back to last summer, when they were all packed and ready for their roadtrip/move toTexas. Saying goodbye to my family was hard, but saying goodbye to my dad was especially hard. I remember the way he looked, what he said to me and...that's all it took. Tears were streaming down my face. I seriously missed my family last night, all I wanted was to be at home with them and to wake up to the wonderful craziness, i've been missing out on for over a year now. Last night, I missed my dad, I missed my mom, it killed me to know that i'm not around for birthdays or family get togethers anymore, that I won't be around to see my baby sister go off to her very first day of kindergarten, or my brother head off as a new middle schooler. Whew, getting emotional again...I need to move closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment