Tuesday, October 12, 2010

They STILL DO....

Today,  my wonderful parents are celebrating their 26th wedding anniversary. I'm so blessed to say that in spite of the obstacles they've faced in this life, they've still managed to grasp and hold on to what I believe, for them, will be a forever love. To be truly in it together for the long haul, for better or for worse, the good times and the bad times. thru thick and thin, in sickness and in health. 26 years together and still going strong. Still head over heels. I can only hope I'm as lucky....

My parents have been through a lot together and through it all, their affections and respect have only grown over the years. It hasn't always been easy, there have been times, i'm sure,  when they felt like throwing in the towel. But they didn't. That being said, they could not have gone the distance they have alone. I don't think there's any  reason other then by the grace of God that my parents have had a succsessful marriage thus far. There's this triangle diagram (below) a simple concept I learned in church, a concept my mom's repeated to me on many occasions: In a marriage: If you both, as individuals, move toward God, as your relationship with Him matures and becomes more intimate. You will find that you will also have a closer, more intimate relationship with your spouse. b/c you have a common goal. God. I seen this first hand in the lives of my parents.













It's a true statement when one says that marriage takes work and a truer statement when one says a marriage takes...God.

*Wishing my parents a happy, blessed anniversary and many more! 


(Sources)
Marriage Triangle - Google Image Search



No comments:

Post a Comment